Rainbow Cupcakes

My eldest ginger prince is graduating from kindergarten. I can't believe it. I had a "moment" in the car the other day as I dropped him off at school and realized that this was going to be the last time he was ever going to be a kindergartner. You always know they are going to grow up, but I feel like life is in fast motion and I am struggling to slow it down. Always...dry my eyes and off to the oven! My ginger prince had a "graduation" party at school and all the parents were asked to bring in a little treat. I opted for Rainbow Cupcakes. I have seen them around other blogs and thought I would try my hand at them. I went VERY basic with a box of vanilla cake mix. I mixed the cake mix as instructed, then separated the batter into six bowls. Next, I added the food coloring. I mixed Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and finally Purple.


The next step was to scoop about a tablespoon into each cup. I started with finishing the red, before moving onto the other colors. But wouldn't you know it? The box that says it would make 24 cupcakes, made 12! I have no idea what the issue was, but I had 12. Oh well. I really can't believe that they worked out at all. I told my husband that I would be surprised if it didn't turn out to be a hot mess.


But low and behold...they worked! And they look absolutely lovely.




If fact, all the kids wanted one... unfortunately only 12 lucky kids got to try them out! Not to worry though, there was enough food to feed a small army! It was a great graduation party, and I was struck with emotion. My ginger princes are growing up and I just have to figure out how to deal with that.

Have a great day of baking or whatever else you would like to do today!


Linking up to:
The Girl Creative, It's A Blog Party, Homemaker on a Dime, I'm Topsy Turvy, Today's Creative Blog, All Thingz Related, The DIY Showoff, At Home with K, Not Just a Housewife, Hoosier Homemade, Someday Crafts, Creations by Kara, Something Swanky, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Finding Fabulous

2 comments:

  1. Wow, already done with Kindergarten! It goes bye so fast. Your cupcakes look really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rainbows! How fun...a Kindergarten Graduation!
    Thanks for joining us for Cupcake Tuesday!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, it means so much to me.