Butterfly Wreath

Summer is here! I love this time of year. Getting ready outdoors, and in, for the warm weather. It is a great time to decorate! Pretty much anytime is a great time, but this time of year I am particularly inspired.


I spotted a beautiful wreath on Pinterest and found that the link came from Tatertots and Jello. I loved the look of the wreath and knew that I could create one of my own. Here are the supplies I used for the project:


Very inexpensive items, that were mostly purchased from Michael's. I already had the vibrant green moss on hand. I went to work gluing the sheet moss to the grapevine wreath. I probably could have gone for one more sheet, but I think I got away with using just the 4 sheets. In the spots I missed, I used the vibrant green moss. Next, I used only the white butterflies from the package. The butterflies came with a metal backing that I used to poke into the wreath and then left "hovering" above. Lastly, I wrapped the wreath up in a big piece of satin ribbon and then hung it on the door.





I am so in love with this wreath and had a really good time putting it together. I am grateful to have come across such an inspiring post.

Have a great day of creating and decorating!

Linked Up To: The Girl Creative, It's A Blog Party, Homemaker On a Dime, I'm Topsy Turvy, Today's Creative Blog, The DIY Showoff, At Home with K, Not Just a Housewife, Someday Crafts, Creations by Kara, The Shabby Nest, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Finding Fabulous

5 comments:

  1. So cute. I love the moss . With the butterflies, it's a perfect spring or summer wreath!

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just loved it! What a beautiful spring-summer wreath! You are so very creative.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    Sanghamitra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you took simple supplies and made them stunning! Thanks for sharing your wreath project with us. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Love the moss!

    Warm Wishes,
    Jodie

    http://lovelaughteranddecor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, it means so much to me.