A Magnetic Art Wall

I don't know about your kids, but mine bring home countless art projects from school. I have to pick and choose what to display, as there is not enough surface area in my house, not to mention our fridge is stainless steal and thus unable to hold a magnet. That is of course, until now. I discovered magnetic paint.

This can of paint has changed the way artwork looks in our house. I started by taping out a section on the wall and then applying the magnetic paint. Be warned! The product says 3 coats will do...not likely. I used about 12 to get the desired magnetic strength!



After I let it dry, the scary black color had to go. So I repainted my wall the original paint color and the look is now seamless.



The ginger princes are thrilled to have their very own art gallery that changes with the week!



Linked up to:
Nesting Place
Simply Designing
Remodelaholic
Thirty Handmade Days
The Girl Creative
Fingerprints on the fridge
Finding Fabulous
The CSI Project
So you think your crafty
It's a Blog Party

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I had no idea there was even such a thing-I see a wall in our hallway being transformed soon (and some happy kids who can show off their art!) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleaser Gina, please come back and visit anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun idea! I've been wanting to try this since I saw it on Nate Berkus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT!?! I didn't know it was on Nate Berkus! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this - I keep thinking of doing this in my kiddos playroom, but for some reason I am dragging my feet. But I am feeling the the inspiration again!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, it means so much to me.