Valentines Day Rant


Valentine's Day is fast approaching. I have mixed feelings about this "holiday". I always feel there is a lot of pressure to do something.
Well, this year the ginger princes, my hubs and I are going to partake in a heart shaped pizza at Boston Pizza. Most likely we will show up at the restaurant at 4:30, order for the kids before the waitress puts the menus down and be gone in 45. I may throw in a huge glass of wine this year just to mix things up.
In years past (pre-ginger) we used to go out for dinner, buy each other gifts. Ultimately, spend WWWAAAYYY too much money.
I see pros and cons for each, but really...it's just a day. Like any other day. But it is nice to be reminded to kiss a little more, hug a little more and snuggle a whole lot more. I am not a hater. In fact, the people who hate on V-day and call it a cash grab irritate me. Yes, Hallmark created the day. Yes, flowers cost a fortune on this one day. Yes, you do spend more money than you would like to. But suck it up and do it. We all appreciate the love. Don't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it means so much to me.