Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwiches with Cream Cheese Frosting

I came across this recipe in Pinterest and knew I had to try it.  I love carrot cake.  I am the ONLY one in my family who likes carrot cake so it is really difficult to justify making a cake and eating the whole thing by myself. Not saying I couldn't do it...just it's not a really great idea.  This recipe is really easy to make, and I found that I already had all the ingredients on hand...BONUS!



carrot cake cookie sandwiches.
yield 24 cookies - 12 sandwiches

1 cup margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups quick oats
1 1/2 cups graded carrots
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 325 degrees for smaller cookies, bump it up for larger cookies.  Line baking sheets with parchment, or silicone liners.

In your electric mixer with the paddle attachment beat the margarine and sugars until light and fluffy.  Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.  Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.  Mix until combined.  Next, fold in the carrots, raisins and toasted walnuts.

Drop the cookie dough on the baking sheets about an inch apart and slightly press down the middles to flatten a bit.  Bake smaller cookies for about 14 minutes or until browned.  Let cool completely on a cooling rack.

cream cheese frosting.

8 ounces of cream cheese, brought to room temperature
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Using a flat wooden spoon stir the cream cheese until smooth.  Add the margarine and again mix until smooth.  Lastly, add the confectioners sugar and vanilla and stir until smooth.

Add a nice big dollop of cream cheese frosting on the flattest side of the cookie and then sandwich another cookie.  Enjoy!


Linking up to: The Shabby Nest, Fingerprints on the fridge, The CSI PRoject, My Romantic Home, The Girl Creative, It's A Blog Party, Homemaker on a Dime, Home Savvy A to Z

2 comments:

  1. These are really delightful colourful treats and photographs. I also like to add mint and chestnut, strawberries and cream, vanilla and salted caramel, too delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy.. Great recipe..Love it....Hi there, I found ya via blog hop and had to stop in and say hello, LOVE all your creativity and space here.. Excited to get to share in more blog fun reads and inspiration from ya.. I'm officially following ya.. I'm Marilyn via http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/ - hope you can stop in sometime.. TY

    ps: I'm looking for some blogger's interested in doing a "ten days to halloween creepy crawl" - halloween DIY projects(food, crafts ect if you are interested..Please let me know - TY :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, it means so much to me.