Magnetic Recipe Card Holder

Good Day!  I was looking around the Internet the other day and found this great idea for my next project!  I had the magnetic paint, I had the picture frame (actually it was a mirror), so I decided to put them together and create my own recipe holder.  The one I saw was selling on Etsy for around $18 USD, which was not in my price range.  Here is what I did...

First I taped off the mirror so that I could apply the magnetic paint.



Next, I added 4 thin coats of paint.  I let each coat dry before applying the subsequent coats.


I then decided that I wasn't too keen on the gold frame (I really should have figured that out BEFORE I started).  I applied two coats of silver spray paint to the frame, making sure the magnetic piece was covered properly.
And that was that.  Pretty easy project that cost me nothing as opposed to 18 dollars!


Now I have a great recipe card holder that's super chic!

Enjoy your day of creating!



Linked up to:
The Girl Creative
The Shabby Nest
My Cottage Charm
DIY Showoff
Homemaker on a Dime
All Thingz Related
Lil' Luna
Domestically Speaking

9 comments:

  1. Yowza! I did not even know there was magnetic paint! Wish I'd have used that one on mine! Love this proecvt and your blog is great-- I am a follower as of right now. Thanks 4 visiting my blog too! Ann @ HouseFinally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its gorgeous! and a great project inspiration for me. Visiting you from Homemaker on a Dime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea! so inspiring me to make my own! thanks for sharing it!

    I'm your newest follower from Creative Bloggers' and Hop :)

    Susan at http://tea-diary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that so very much! It would pretty up the kitchen a ton!!

    amber @ barbwired

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I’m belatedly stopping by from the UBP. Nice to meet you! That recipe holder is so cute!

    I have two blogs, and I’d love for you to stop by when you get a minute. We’re giving away a $100 Visa gift card until the 19th at Giveaway Corner. Thanks!

    http://giveawaycorner.blogspot.com/ (A free giveaway every weekday)
    http://anne-somekindofwonderful.blogspot.com/ (Family blog)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The recipe card holder is stylish and functional. Great job! Thanks for sharing this at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative with what you already had on hand. Your magnetic frame looks terrific!

    Dee
    Your new follower
    http://alapinlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this craft. I am stopping by from the Blog Hop today
    Jen
    http://beginneradultballerina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, it means so much to me.