Sticker Crazy

I am was absolutely crazy for wall decals (ok, really just stickers, but it sounds so grown-up when you call them wall decals...right?).  I think it was a bit of an obsession for a while there, until my husband held an intervention and told me under no circumstances are we welcoming another sticker in our home.  I had to agree.  Your home can start to look a bit flat if you stick with one art source.  But the world of wall decals is amazing these days!  Gone are the days of pasting Winnie in your child's bedroom and calling it decorated.  You can get some really great decals that can transform any room.  I was first introduced to wall decals through Blik.  If you haven't checked out this site, do so.  It will inspire.  Here are two rooms with Blik decals...

Powder Room

My eldest son's room

Cool little robots

I thought my fridge looked boring, so I added some store bought stickers to that too...


Then the front foyer needed some love...



And don't forget the mudroom!


Our youngest son needed some stickers in his room!

I realize this needs updating...

Then there's the laundry room...

These stickers were first in our bedroom, but then I moved them here.

And lastly, our master bath.


I actually had more in various other rooms, but under my husband's order I gave up the additional stickers to my friend and neighbor.  They look way better in her daughter's room anyway!  Wall decals are a great way to add some pizazz to any room, but you can get a little out of control with them.  My advise is to enjoy decals in moderation.  And if that doesn't work, call me and I can talk you down!

Linked up to:

2 comments:

  1. Hi, there! It's me again paying you a visit :) You've got great decal ideas here. Would you like to show this off, meet excellent bloggers, and increase your followers in the process? If yes, please join our Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

    It's easy to join. All you have to do is 1) link up whatever creative post you'd like to share - can be a DIY project, decor, photography,crafts, recipes, poem, thrifty finds, or that informative syndicated post that can
    make us laugh, or cry - in short, whatever you're proud of! 2) Then follow as many blogs as your heart desires, preferably starting first with the one before you and after you, before branching out.

    You’re not even required to include the party button – you read that right – not required to include the party button but if you’re so inclined display it in your blog or your post, you’re very much welcome to do so :)

    Please join us at http://www.homemakeronadime.com/2011/04/creative-bloggers-party-hop-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, it means so much to me.